ThinQ.tv is a platform for live video thought-provoking conversations.
We're inviting churches, schools, parents' organizations, women's organizations, and any other interested groups to form a coalition to steer live video culture toward a harassment-free, civilized society where we can all grow our minds. Get involved!
Are you a good listener? Become an Online Mom or Dad and post a Conversation time for high school & college students to drop in and be heard.
Need to ask us questions LIVE? Drop in to any Your Online Mom session scheduled on the ThinQ.tv home page & meet our Founder, Dr. Lisa Schaefer.
WHAT IS THINQ.TV
ThinQ.tv is like a Zoom meeting or Google Hangout, except that people can drop in to the Conversation from the home page schedule instead of having to be invited with a link. Please browse the current schedule and drop in to any of the Conversations posted. You may also post your own Conversation.
WHAT PEOPLE DO ON THINQ.TV
Conversations - Conversations on all topics are permitted. We’re fostering a culture of intelligent thought, fellowship, and empathy. We encourage talking with people and listening - a Conversation, rather than the typical norm of internet video where one person talks at the internet.
Donations - Conversation Hosts, such as churches, parents organizations, schools, women's organizations, etc., can receive donations in the sidebar during and after conversations.
Sell your ebooks - Conversation hosts may sell downloads of their ebooks or other writings. You may also sell items that you would fulfill.
What do I do if my browser isn't accessing my mic or webcam?
Please try using Chrome or Firefox. Safari and Internet Explorer are often incompatible with any site's Conversations. You may need to update your version of Chrome or Firefox. Another option would be to download the JITSI Meet app and join the THINQTV chatroom.
How do I participate from my phone?
Please install the JITSI Meet app and enter the chatroom named 'ThinQtv'.
OR go to a Conversation on the ThinQ.tv mobile site. Scroll down to where the Conversation viewer is embedded. There will be a link there to install JITSI Meet on your phone. If JITSI Meet is already installed, it will automatically take you to the ThinQtv chatroom.
How do I host a conversation?
- Create an account
- Come up with a topic and a few talking points. Please do not write a script.
- Invite several people to have the conversation with you.
- Share the link to the conversation on social media.
- Announce your show to your email list - be sure to include the time & link.
- Personally invite 5 colleagues to join the Conversation - people are more likely to respond to a personal invitation.
- When the time that you scheduled the conversation arrives, Click the button for your Conversation on the home page and talk about the topic you selected with the people you invited!
How much does it cost to use ThinQ.tv?
Nothing! ThinQ.tv is free to sign up, host a live conversation, post donation buttons, post items to sell, schedule a show, and record the show to YouTube.
Conversation Hosts receive approximately 92% of each transaction they solicit in their sidebar on ThinQ.tv. ThinQ.tv doesn't get paid until you get paid. Our payment processor (Stripe) keeps $0.30 plus 2.9% of each transaction (the typical fee that payment processors charge). ThinQ.tv receives 5% of each transaction.
How can I record my Conversation to YouTube?
- First, you must verify your YouTube account. To verify your account, sign into YouTube and click on the icon. Select "Go live".
- Once in the Creator Studio, click on the blue "Get started" button.
- Get the stream key from YouTube. In your Creator Studio, click on the Conversation tab and scroll down to the botton of the page. Click "Reveal" to access the stream name/key. Copy the key.
- Once you are ready to record, go to www.ThinQ.tv and click on "Join Conversation". While looking at the viewer, open the "More actions" menu by clicking the three dots on the bottom right of the viewer and select "Start Conversation BETA". You will need to enter your YouTube key the first time you record
NOTE: After 24 hours, your account will be verified. Once your account is verified, you may proceed to step 3.
Tip - Set "People join with camera disabled" as default to give viewers the option of turning their webcam on and being on screen, or not being seen and viewing only.
Don't see your question? Email your question and a member of our team will get back to you shortly!