Frequently Asked Questions
ThinQ.tv is developing a platform for live online thought-provoking conversations. We are organizing a critical mass of people to participate in Tech Tuesday, Faith Wednesday, and International Thursday conversations. We aim to eventually have 24/7 conversation channels for a wide variety of thought-provoking topics. We encourage you to host conversations about your own topics and invite interested individuals and organizations.
ThinQ.tv is like a Zoom meeting or Google Hangout, except that people can drop in to the conversation from the home page Schedule of Conversations instead of having to be invited with a link. Please browse the current schedule and drop in to any of the conversations posted to get an idea of what you could do on the platform. You may also post your own conversation.
Bible studies - Several churches host their bible studies on ThinQ.tv. We’ve had people join from their hospital room!
Conversations - Conversations on all topics are permitted. We’re fostering a culture of intelligent thought, fellowship, and empathy. We encourage talking with people and listening, rather than the typical norm of internet video where one person talks at people.
Donations - Conversation Hosts, such as churches, can receive donations in the sidebar during and after conversations. Hosts may also sell downloads of ebooks or other writings and other items that they would fulfill.
Go to http://ThinQ.tv and click the "Join Conversation" button if a conversation is in progress, or “Try a Conversation” when the chatroom is empty. Recent versions Chrome and Firefox work best. Do not use Safari. You may also join by phone: download the JITSI meet app in advance and join the THINQTV chatroom if prompted. That’s it! If you need to turn camera or mic on or off, click the icons at the bottom of the viewer.
Signup at http://ThinQ.tv. Click the “Host a Conversation” button on the home page schedule. Enter a time, topic, and a few details. No need to spend time writing out what you’re going to say. Instead, focus on inviting interesting people to join you and let them carry the conversation!
Nothing. We are currently focused on learning how to best serve those who would like to participate on ThinQ.tv on a regular basis. However if you do receive donations on the platform, we take 5% and the payment processor takes 2.9% + $0.30.
ThinQ.tv is constantly evolving and appreciates any feedback you might have! We hope you will try it out and realize it’s simple to use.
What can I do on ThinQ.tv?
- Check the home page to find out what conversations are scheduled.
- Browse Conversation Hosts to discover what they have to offer.
- Watch Host's conversations. Participate in the conversation by either voice, webcam, or in the chat.
- Support Conversation Hosts and their causes by purchasing their Rewards and making donations.
- Want to see a specific person or organization discuss a topic? Send an email to your favorite organizations and personalities who do not currently host ThinQ.tv shows and invite them to join!
What do I do if my browser isn't accessing my mic or webcam?
Please try using Chrome or Firefox. Safari and Internet Explorer are often incompatible with any site's Conversations. You may need to update your version of Chrome or Firefox. Another option would be to download the JITSI meet app and
Can I broadcast from my phone?
Yes. Please install the Jitsi app and enter the chatroom named 'ThinQtv'.
How do I host a conversation?
- Create an account
- Come up with a topic and a few talking points. Please do not write a script.
- Invite several people to have the conversation with you.
- Share the link to the conversation on social media through the share buttons on the home page schedule.
- Announce your show to your email list - be sure to include the time & link.
- Personally invite 5 colleagues to join the Conversation - people are more likely to respond to a personal invitation.
- When starting the Conversation, call a few people through the viewer to have them participate.
- Follow the steps in "How can I record my conversation to YouTube?" to get set up to record your conversation on YouTube so you can embed it on your ThinQ.tv page.
How much does it cost to use ThinQ.tv?
Nothing! ThinQ.tv is free to sign up, host a live conversation, post donation buttons, post items to sell, schedule a show, and record the show to YouTube.
Conversation Hosts receive approximately 92% of each transaction they solicit on ThinQ.tv. ThinQ.tv doesn't get paid until you get paid. Our payment processor (Stripe) keeps $0.30 plus 2.9% of each transaction. ThinQ.tv receives 5% of each transaction.
How can I record my conversation show to YouTube?
- First, you must verify your YouTube account. To verify your account, sign into YouTube and click on the icon. Select "Go live".
- Once in the Creator Studio, click on the blue "Get started" button.
- Get the stream key from YouTube. In your Creator Studio, click on the Conversation tab and scroll down to the botton of the page. Click "Reveal" to access the stream name/key. Copy the key.
- Once you are ready to record, go to www.ThinQ.tv and click on "Join Conversation". While looking at the viewer, open the "More actions" menu by clicking the three dots on the bottom right of the viewer and select "Start Conversation BETA". You will need to enter your YouTube key the first time you record
NOTE: After 24 hours, your account will be verified. Once your account is verified, you may proceed to step 3.
Tip - Set "People join with camera disabled" as default to give viewers the option of turning their webcam on and being on screen, or not being seen and viewing only.
Don't see your question?
Send us an email with your question and a member of our team will get back to you shortly!